Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Those Words

Every so often I read a blog post where someone is talking about being inspired by product.  And I never quite understand - I love all my pretty paper and embellishments but they don't really inspire a project. 

But then I got my hand on these acetate words from the Life Noted Collection by Pinkfresh Studio. 



I had a pack in my stash but haven't cracked them open.  But a partial pack came in my April Citrus Twist kits - And they are amazing.  The colors are bright and fun, but the translucent nature of the product adds a certain lightness. I immediately tried to use as many of them as I could on a single layout.

My first idea was to use them to create a patterned paper feel across the bottom of my layout - and that looked pretty awesome, but I couldn't figure out the rest of the layout.  So I ended up with a basic grid design.

Products from April kits at Citrus Twist kits

They were so much fun and really framed the photo perfectly.  I was also excited to see how well they worked with other embellishment pieces - especially the Amy Tangerine Better Together rubber bits. 

I've just about used up the ones that came in my kit - now the challenge is to keep myself from hoarding the pack I have in my stash.  Oh - and when I was looking for a product photo for this post, they were gone at most of my favorite online stores.  But it turns out they are on sale at Scrapbook.com.

Hope you have a great Monday. 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous page!! LOVE how you used those fun acetate words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with acetate, or vellum type things. I really like the idea to use them as sort of a do it yourself patterned paper, that's clever. Thanks for sharing. Great layout, cute photo. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of arrows to keep the eye moving around the page! Are those the same words included in Studio Calico's Spoonful?
    (this is pinksoup with my old id)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so - i'm not sure if we get a full pack or a partial pack

      Delete
  4. I've used some and hoarding the rest, unfortunately! Your page is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design and what a great capture! :) Great use of the words!

    ReplyDelete