Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Kit Review: Scrapbook Circle

Prior Reviews

It's another Monday and time for another kit review.  I have been lucky enough to win both the May and July kits from Scrapbook Circle.  My plan was to work with the May kit this week, but when the July kit showed up on my doorstep, plans changed.  So I played with the July kit from Scrapbook Circle.


The kit had a great color palette that would lend itself to both bright and soft layouts.  Papers came from Crate Paper, Shimelle, Dear Lizzy and Pink Paislee.  The mix of embellishments was great too - The puffy stickers from SevenPaper are one of my recent favorites.  And I loved the Elle's Studio wood veneer pack.  (It made me wonder why I don't have more Elle's Studio in my stash.)  And the exclusive cork pieces were really fun.  The kit also came with an exclusive stencil which might help push me into experimenting with some of those mixed media supplies I've accumulated.

However, the only alphabet was the small tile style alpha from Shimelle.  I missed having a large scale alpha in the kit (although I have the world's largest collection of thickers and really don't need any more so that is really silly).  The kit does not include a stamp (important if you are a stamper)and does not include any cardstock - which doesn't bother me because I rarely use it.

These kits are not offered on a subscription basis - an interesting twist in a time when so many companies are focusing on securing commitments.  That's definitely an advantage in my book.  And they offer add-ons (including more pp and cardstock), cut files  and printables that coordinate with the kits.

My intention was to put together a layout that used some of the bright colors in this kit.  But I ended up with this layout emphasizing soft, pretty colors about my daughter helping me fix Thanksgiving dinner (2 and a half years ago - I might be a bit behind).

Design inspired by July 4th scraplift challenge at My Scraps and More
I added the doily, sequins and small pink alpha to the kit products for my layout. The label with the gold border made me really happy and I think I used almost an entire pack of the Elle's Studio wood veneers.  

The kit was lots of fun (the May kit is really pretty too) and I love that you don't have to make a commitment - I will be checking their website every month to see the kits and I am sure that some of them will be showing up on my doorstep in the future.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, Julie, thanks for writing. Great post. Pretty layout. You have awesome design skills. I like that wood veneer too. Oh, if you like gold edge labels, Teresa Collins has gold edge label packs (silver too) as a stand alone product. Scrapbook.com has them. It's on my wishlist. Great kit and layout, and would love to see what you make with the May kit. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice lay out Julie. I love all the bits and pieces you've used. All the wood veneer is great! Thanks for the kit review. I didn't realize there were kits still out there which aren't subscription based. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow aren't you lucky to win two kits!! :)
    Love this layout its so pretty and great use of the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete