Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Stuck!

Lately my favorite starting point has been a good sketch.  And when I came across this sketch at Stuck! Sketches, I loved it.  So I printed it and put it in a pile of sketches I love that is accumulating on my desk.  (That way I don't have to spend time finding a sketch when I'm ready to scrap - they are just ready for me.)


I pulled some papers and embellishments from the Studio Calico Lisse Street kits as my starting point and went to work.  I even used my cuttlebug and a tag die to cut a project life card into a tag shape. 


I just kept adding layers til I was happy with it. I kept adding strips of paper and even ripped a piece of the sevenpaper gold triangle vellum when I was too impatient to hunt down my scissiors - But I like the look of the torn paper her.  Then I went to my stash - there are some "vintage" Dear Lizzy stickers on here that worked perfectly with the colors and feel of my layout.  I also added some wood buttons from freckled fawn that were sitting on my desk and some Crate Paper Crapft Market dimensional stickers with burlap to finish it off.  And of course I need some ink splatters - these are with Mister Huey's opaque white.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love your layering and ink, and I am going to try printing out some sketches for when I am stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout! Love the way you've layered the papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layering. And I especially love the placement of your ink spatters. I think it's perfect and goes so well. Great sketch, too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous Julie! I love all of the layering and that tag from a PL card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty layout! Love all the colors :).

    ReplyDelete